R&D Laboratory Scientist
We are looking for a qualified and motivated researcher for an innovative project in the field of materials applied to cosmetics.
If you share our vision for the future, we can do great things together.
You will join Ventiseidieci’s R&D team in the framework of a project aimed at the development of magnetosensitive materials for skin interfaces; in other words, an interactive, colour-changing make-up product.
Your activities will include, depending on your background:
- Synthesis, characterization and surface treatment of magnetic particles.
- Formulation of stable oil-based dispersions.
- Encapsulation of oil-based solutions.
- Optimization of the colour change processes on a chemical and physical basis.
Research activities will take place in our laboratories in L’Aquila’s Tecnopolo, a modern industrial and technological hub surrounded by green areas where, together with Ventiseidieci, a lot of start-ups and multinationals share ideas and cooperate for their development. Living in L’Aquila means being able to benefit from the facilities of a modern city while having a relaxed lifestyle: the city is immersed in the nature of the most beautiful natural parks of the Central Appennines and offers many social and cultural activities in a friendly and inclusive context.
We are looking for:
- A PhD in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or related disciplines, or a Master’s degree in the same field with previous experiences in industrial R&D.
- Strong laboratory skills will be essential.
- Past experience in encapsulation and coating techniques with organic and inorganic materials is highly desirable.
- As an alternative, experience in soft matter and colloidal science, together with practical knowledge of dispersions, oil-based formulations and surfactant systems will be highly considered.
- Previous experience with optical and/or electronic microscopy is desirable.
- Previous experience with cosmetic formulations is desirable.
- Any knowledge of GMP and/or regulatory affairs will be considered as a plus.
- Proficiency in oral and spoken scientific English.
- A candidate able to write periodic reports in Italian and English, describing the latest advances of the research, both using a descriptive and a scientific level of detail.
- The capability of organizing thoughts and details of the project on the basis of work plans and schedules will be fundamental.
- We are looking for a reliable person, able to manage deadlines and workloads responsibly, with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent soft skills: proactivity, lateral thinking and flexibility will be fundamental.
- If your mother tongue is not Italian, you must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- A genuine interest in innovation and technology is essential.
- An informal, friendly, and international working environment
- Competitive salary based on your experience and commitment
- We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and we only look at your talent and values, and not at your skin color, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Submit your application including your CV and motivation letter
Incomplete submission will not be considered.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!