R&D – Magnetism and Magnetophoresis
We are creatives and dreamers united by our passion for discovery, contamination and challenges.
For us, success means unleashing our curiosity, bringing out talent and surprising ourselves every day!
At Ventiseidieci, we deal with new material sciences and nanotechnology, mechatronics and artificial intelligence. Our mission is to transform professional commitment into a positive and concrete impact for society and the biosphere…and you can bet that we will succeed!
Your role in the R&D Team
The R&D Team is in charge of studying, designing and implementing innovative and amazing solutions and is composed of talents in material sciences, chemistry and cosmetic formulation.
Within the team you will collaborate on the HydraInk project. We are developing an innovative technology that allows us to obtain materials that change color when subjected to an external magnetic field, exploiting the physical principle of magneto-phoresis. The color change is stable over time, but at the same time is reversible.
You will carry out research activities, both theoretical and synthetic, aimed at the realization of magneto-phoretic materials.
You will always have to keep up to date with the advances regarding the techniques in question by reading scientific journals.
The activities will be located in our headquarters at the Tecnopolo d’Abruzzo in L’Aquila, a modern industrial and technological hub surrounded by greenery where many start-ups and multinationals share and develop their ideas. Living in L’Aquila allows you to take advantage of the comforts and services of a city while maintaining a relaxed lifestyle: the city is located in the middle of the most beautiful natural parks of the central Apennines, and offers many social and cultural activities in a friendly and inclusive environment.
- You have a master’s degree in chemistry, materials science, or related field with at least 3 years of research experience;
- You are familiar with the fabrication of materials exploiting magneto-phoresis (prior experience in both practical and theoretical development of such technologies is required);
- You have established experience in handling ferromagnetic, ferrimagnetic and paramagnetic materials.
- You speak and write well in English, including at a scientific level;
- You easily organize project thoughts and details around time constraints;
- You stand out for the accuracy with which you can describe the progress of research in detailed reports, in Italian and English.
- You are reliable, can responsibly manage deadlines and workloads, with a good degree of resourcefulness and autonomy;
- You have excellent soft skills: proactivity, lateral thinking and flexibility in our team are essential;
- You love challenges, are a curious person and have a genuine passion for technology and innovation.
Working at HydraInk you will find
- An informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Branded company kit to support you in your research activities;
- Fully equipped laboratories in our headquarters at the Abruzzo Technopole in L’Aquila.
- 24/7 coffee and break area;
- Commitment to providing equal employment opportunities. We value diversity and look only at your talent and values, and not ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation;
Send your application including your CV and a personal letter of motivation where you tell us your passion for innovation, how you would use it to work with us and what you expect from this experience!
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We look forward to getting to know you!